Please note, a distinction must be made between:
1.) eduroam CAT == https://cat.eduroam.org/
This is the website with the central configuration default of all sites. This is still called CAT and is still valid and up to date.
2.) eduroam CAT, the app for iOS/iPadOS/Android
This is the old app from various app stores and new Android do not cope with it. Therefore, simply ALL(!) operating systems should no longer use "eduroam CAT" as an app, but the new "geteduroam" app.
Scope of functions
- Internet access within the university's eduroam network
- International: Internet access within the eduroam network of all participating universities
- Access to the university network without VPN on campus
- Automatic configurator (cat.eduroam.org)
- Printing via eduroam
ATTENTION: Please use the provided automatic configurator to setup eduroam. An incorrectly performed manual configuration can cause serious security problems!
For mobile devices with iOS/Androidwe recommend the installation with geteduroam! (Can be found in the App-/Playstore)
Frequently asked questions
The most common causes of errors are:
- The user name was entered incorrectly during logon. Please enter the username in long form:
- firstname.lastname@example.org for students
- email@example.com for employees
- firstname.lastname@example.org for guests
- The password was entered incorrectly. Otherwise, check whether you can log in to SIAM with your password.
- An old/incorrectly configured profile was not removed. Please refer to the instructions for removing already installed profiles.
- Your terminal device is trying to dial into an incorrectly configured network. Please follow the instructions for removing incorrectly configured eduroam networks.
- Workstations of central office employees: Your workstation must be in the university network for updating. In case of problems please contact the ZVD.
If you still have problems, please visit the user support.
A possible error is that the user name of your PC contains a space. In this case try to install eduroam manually or ask the user support.
Experienced users can also try the following command from the command line:
netsh wlan add profile "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\wlan-profile.xml
Yes, if you are a member of a university that is a partner of the eduroam project and you have a valid account. Please pay attention to announcements of your home organization in the context of the WLAN conversion.
Guests of the University of Stuttgart can use the open SSID "uni-stuttgart-open". Internet for guests
Guest lecturers and guest students without eduroam access please contact their host institute
Guests are requested to contact their host institute/facility if they have any questions about their Internet access. Please follow the instructions for setting up eduroam for employees (eduroam CAT profile: employees). Enter the login data in the following form:
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: Your personal password
The WLAN network of the University of Stuttgart is composed of many access points. These have been spread over large parts of the campus according to user demand. Unfortunately research groups and individual users regularly power up standalone access points that may interfere with the campus WiFi. This effect is aggravated by other networks such as private hotspots. In case you are certain that a given location needs additional WiFi coverage, please let us know through our service email firstname.lastname@example.org with the building and room number you consider suboptimally covered. Please also elaborate whether this coverage shall be provided by moving an existing access point to a new location or why this additional coverage is required. To operate an access point you need to ensure that there's a single LAN socket available.