We are always looking for student assistants. We offer different job opportunities, e.g. assisting in IT-projects or user consultant. We also accept speculative applications from students!
Working at the TIK
We are a partner in the digital transformation of the university – in the fields of teaching, research and administration. With our development projects we perceive ourselves as part of the university’s teaching and research activities. Thus, we do not only act as a competent provider of IT-services and as consultant for our users, but we also shape the digitalisation of administrative processes, we develop new IT-services and act as contact for innovative solutions. With our large field of activities we support the university in the implementation of its IT-strategy.
The emphasis in TIK’s research and development are the areas of e-learning and infrastructure. We develop innovative applications and contribute to application-oriented as well as user-oriented joint research projects. Our infrastructure and our IT-services permit the safe handling of the university’s data, provide the technical foundations for didactically competent teaching and enable communication and collaboration between all members of the university. Thus, we fundamentally contribute to enabling cutting-edge research at the University of Stuttgart.
We are a partner in the digital transformation of the university – in the fields of teaching, research and administration. That means we offer a wide range of services, and also continuously further develop these services.
Amongst other things we
- operate the communications services (email, telephone und video-telephony).
- operate the university's communication network and continuously expand it.
- operate server with Unix- and Windowssoftware.
- support the workstations of the university's central administration and other institutions of the university.
- host the university's website.
- operate the technical platforms that enable e-learning at our university.
- provide for IT-security.
- are responsible for the central identity-management.
- advise the university's institutions and its members with regard to IT-systems.
In addition to these tasks typical for a computer centre we are also engaged in research and development projects, especially in the areas of e-learning and infrastructure.
We are looking for colleagues with an IT-background. We also welcome people who plan to change careers or with an interdisciplinary education.
We are looking for colleagues interested in helping to creatively shape the university's digitalisation and who can contribute their expertise in the areas of digitalisation of teaching, research and administration.
We are looking for colleagues who enjoy working in the atmosphere of an institution of higher education. Many of our activities are interdisciplinary and require a basic interest in teaching, research and public administration.
We are looking for colleagues who enjoy responsible assignments and are open for creative solutions.
We are looking for colleagues who enjoy working in a team and enjoy the exchange with other teams – because many of our responsibilities can only be handled in that way.
We offer you
- an interesting work environment, shaped by the increasing digitalisation of the university.
- highly motivated and professionally competent colleagues.
- many possibilities for further training in different areas.
- flexible working-hours, depending on your concrete responsibilities.
- a professional onbording process.
- entitlement to employees' benefits.
- a jobticket for public transport.
- the possibility of part-time employment.